Pages



Snowfall Widget for Blogger

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Dashing Emma Watson Eybrow and Eylashes
Actress Emma Watson vaulted to fame as the whip-smart, wizard Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter film series. The character embodies many of Watson’s own traits. She is studious, serious and confides in new wide ranging interview that she is having trouble coming to grips with her own budding sexuality.
The 18-year-old says stylists put her in mini-skirts and she has been deluged with offers to do films with nude scenes, but vowed: “I’m not just getting my kit off for anyone.” Yet she was photographed on her 18th birthday party in provocative crotch-exposing poses. She explains for the first time how that came about.
“Let’s be honest, I have enough money to never have to work again. It’s only just recently that I’ve really come round to the idea of carrying on with acting at all. I knew I was the perfect nine-year-old to play Hermione. But I was concerned that all would come out after that was Hermione. And if that had happened – well, I would know I couldn’t act. And then that would be it,” she says in interviews in the UK’s Sunday Mail and Telegraph newspapers.
Watson says she has little interest in fame or recognition. She was born of Oxbridge parents and now she’s considering an Oxbridge place herself, with a bright mind, bright looks and $18 million in the bank. She prefers academic diversions like English and Philosophy at a Cambridge college when she gives her perspective on her notorious coming-of-age 18th birthday party in Hollywood last year.
“It was pretty tough turning 18,’ she says. ‘I realized that overnight I’d become fair game. I had a party in town and the pavements were just knee-deep with photographers trying to get a shot of me looking drunk, which wasn’t going to happen. I don’t have to drink to have a good time. The sickest part was when one photographer lay down on the floor to get a shot up my skirt.
“The night it was legal for them to do it, they did it. I woke up the next day and felt completely violated by it all. That’s not something I want in my life. I just kept thinking that if it had happened a day earlier people would have sued their a***s off.”
‘I find this whole thing about being 18 and everyone expecting me to be this object… I find the whole concept of being ‘sexy’ embarrassing and confusing. If I do a photo-shoot people desperately want to change me – dye my hair blonder, pluck my eyebrows, give me a fringe.
“Then there’s the choice of clothes. I know everyone wants a picture of me in a mini-skirt. But that’s not me. I feel uncomfortable. I’d never go out in a mini-skirt. It’s nothing to do with protecting the Hermione image. I wouldn’t do that,” she says.
Of course on the night she was photographed, Watson was wearing the shortest of skirts and see-through panties that clearly exposed her private parts. But she hasn’t repeated the scene since, although if she hopes to transition to adult film roles, she will be have to consider how to go up against Hollywood’s sexiest bad girls, like Sienna Miller, Kirsten Dunst and Lindsay Lohan, all of whom have had repeated episodes of paparazzi-teasing flashes of nudity in public.
And, her male Harry Potter stars, Daniel Radcliffe and Peter Grint have already done nude scenes, either in movies on in Radcliffe’s case on the Broadway stage.
In an earlier interview, however, Watson told the Times of London she would not have a problem doing film nude scenes if the role is right. Like many child actresses, Watson must deal with perceptions of her as a child in her movies while dealing with the fact that she has become a grown woman, who now must find grown-up roles.
“I’m at a strange age… I’m not a woman yet, but I’m not a girl anymore,” she told the Times of London in an interview. “[Film companies] say, ‘Oh, in a couple of years you’ll be perfect for this.’ I’ll be like, yeah, but I want to be studying English then, so it’s going to be quite tough to choose between the two.”
Part six of the Warner Bros series, “Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince,” will be released this July and the final two-part installment, “Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows,” is filming now.

No comments:

Post a Comment